Because Astove only caters to 6 anglers per week and fresh fish are constantly being cycled in and out with the tides, the lagoon flats don’t get a lot of pressure. Guests can anticipate hard packed flats that offer excellent wading opportunities with plenty of changes at a wide variety of species from which to target. The tides at Astove play a very significant role on when certain species of fish will be targeted and the excellent team of guides will work with guests to ensure that they are in the right place at the right time throughout the week.
Astove Atoll is the place for catching the largest flats-caught Giant Trevallies in the Indian Ocean as well as many other species. Its shallow lagoon, surrounded by sheer drop-offs, makes the experience very unique. This lagoon is a sanctuary for both juvenile and trophy size fish that feed on the shallow white sand flats. Aside from big GT’s, Astove offers fantastic opportunities for bonefish, permit, bluefin trevally, triggerfish, barracuda and milkfish. The offshore fishing is exceptional and starts just metres from the edge of the flats, where anglers can test their skills against yellowfin tuna, dogtooth tuna, wahoo and sailfish.
BOATS AND EQUIPMENT
4 x 20ft Mini-Mahe tender boats
Its preferred that guests fly into mahe Island, Seychelles, the night before your fishing week is due to begin in case of any international delays. Your package will include the 3 hour chartered flights between Mahe and Astove. The flight is run by the Island Development Company (IDC). The IDC run a tight schedule due to flight allocations and therefore it is very important this weekly flight is not missed. There will be no further flights that week unless by private charter.
Slipstream is a full-service travel company that can handle a variety of services relating to your trip. For
assistance, please contact us directly at 1 866 644-7703.
RATES FOR 2024
$17,370 USD Single room and shared guide/skiff
$3,900 USD SGL skiff supplement (very limited availability)
ISLAND CONSERVATION DONATION A donation of US$210 per adult (US$30 per night) is excluded from the rates and will be added to your final invoice.
- SEY - Seychelles
- Early November to Late December
- GT’s, bonefish, permit…
- 8 rods12 guests / 6 anglers per week guests
- Wifi: Yes
- Language: English
- Physicality: Low
- CC Payment at Facility : Yes
SEASON OF OPERATION
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE LOGISTICS
This beautiful lodge is newly renovated, making it very comfortable for any guests stay. The lodge accommodates guests in single air-conditioned and en-suite rooms that surround the central courtyard. The bathrooms have a shower, toilet, basin, towels and facecloths. After your day of fishing, relax in the lodges comfortable lounge or in the evenings at either the indoor and outdoor dining area.
The lodge offers exquisite dining. The menu typically outlined with an English breakfast in the morning, a packed lunch choice to take to the flats, and a buffet dinner served either on the beach or in the outside dining area. The Astove Atoll is run in such a way to ensure your fishing time is always maximized.
INCLUDED IN PRICE
- All meals
- Scheduled charter flight
- 6 days guided fishing, DBL occupancy
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Tender boat and fuel
- Fishing License and Landing fees
- Water, soft drinks, coffee and tea
- Fly fishing rod and reel rental
- Wi-fi in the bar and network cable internet in the ‘internet room’
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE
- Gratuities for staff and guides
- Round trip international flights
- Ground transfers on Mahe
- Park Fee of $175 USD
- Travel and medical insurance
- Telephone and e-mail charges
- Additional nights in Mahe and additional activities chosen in surrounding islands
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- All visitors are required to have a valid passport that expires no less than 6 months out from the time you depart the Seychelles. Additionally.
- All guests are required to obtain emergency Medevac Insurance, prior to their trip. This is a mandatory pre-condition for all Seychelles destinations.